Do you have an eye for color? Do you like working outdoors? Consider becoming an Epic team member today!
Purpose and Description
Position handles the daily activities related to seasonal color services within the Landscape Management Division. Position plans and coordinates production activities regarding design, installation and maintenance of seasonal color beds and seasonal pots.
- Design seasonal color beds and seasonal potted displays in coordination with Account Manager’s.
- Manage and schedule labor, equipment and green house material to accomplish seasonal color production schedules and installation.
- Maintains adherence to established schedules and budgets.
- Work in conjunction with production manager on the ongoing maintenance of flowers and flower beds.
- Understand contract specifications and ensure they are met.
- Maintain customers complete satisfaction.
- Provide daily instruction to ensure Foremen and crews are prepared to complete the job.
- Ensure all work is completed in adherence to safety policies and guidelines.
- Maintain inventory of assigned materials, equipment and other supplies are on hand to complete production activities.
- Order materials, equipment and supplies as needed. Source vendors for seasonal color materials, annuals, pots etc.
- Train and supervise employees, keeping attendance records, enforcing proper uniform and safety equipment use, and approving time cards.
- Conduct timely performance reviews of direct reports and take corrective actions when appropriate.
- Maintain sufficient personnel to accomplish production goals.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and work orders.
- Provide forecasting needs for personnel and materials to complete future jobs.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
Candidate Must Have:
- 3+ years green industry experience
- 2+ years management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, a plus
- Strong knowledge of annuals and seasonal color displays
- Ability to teach, train & cultivate new employees
- Ability to organize and multitask
- Ability to manage multiple crews
- Ability to motivate, encourage and inspire all Epic employees
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of computer applications
- Must be willing to working long hours during peak season (Spring – Fall)
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Able to obtain a DOT medical certification card
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to build effective work teams
- Consistent and positive attitude
- Desire to learn and pursue self-development
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Humble, driven, focused, organized and disciplined
- Rational ability to handle adversity and conflict
- Regularly required to walk, use hands and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand and reach with arms.
- Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
To learn more call 913-897-3858 and complete the employment application online at www.epicland.net.