Landscape Maintenance Production Manager, Detail Department
We’ve got an exciting position we are looking to fill! If this sounds like a good fit for you, consider becoming an Epic team member today!
Purpose and Description
The position is responsible for all management of field operations within the Detail department of the landscape maintenance division. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, routing and scheduling of contracted services, recording of completed work, and strategic planning to accommodate company growth. Directing the daily operations of field crews including personnel, equipment, and materials to ensure scheduled jobs are completed within budget, quality standards, and safety guidelines. Provide support to production staff, cultivation and training of employees, promoting safe working practices, and leading a team to succeed. Coordinates with department managers to lend support for all operational activities within the maintenance division.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work directly with the Branch Manager and alongside production managers in the daily coordination of all operational activities.
- Manage a team of up to 22 employees to meet budget hours, productivity goals, and quality standards.
- Coordinate daily scheduling and routing directly with field staff.
- Weekly / Monthly / Annual reporting of department performance and profitability.
- Evaluate and inspect job sites to ensure crew safety, quality of work, and customer satisfaction.
- Effectively communicate with all production managers, account managers, and Epic personnel.
- Weekly inventory and inspection of equipment and projection of future needs.
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of all trucks, trailers, equipment, and facilities.
- Strict adherence to all Safety, Department of Agriculture, DOT, and IFTA regulations for all supervised crews.
- Daily record keeping and filing of all regulatory documents; Safety Meetings, Dept of Ag, DOT & IFTA.
- Work alongside crew personnel to promote quality-driven performance, encourage safe work practices, raise awareness to prevent accidents, and identify opportunities for property enhancement.
Candidate Must Have:
- 2+ years commercial landscape maintenance experience.
- 1+ year(s) personnel management experience.
- Current KS and/or MO Applicators License or ability to obtain in a timely manner.
- Knowledge and identification of plant material and identification of undesirable weeds and their control methods.
- Ability to teach, train, motivate, inspire & cultivate Epic personnel and new employees.
- Effective time management and ability to prioritize daily job functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft office programs and email.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to obtain DOT medical certification card.
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Humble, driven, focused, organized, and disciplined
- Positive attitude and consistency among all personality types
- Ability to rationally handle conflict and adversity
- Bi-Lingual, English/Spanish
- Industry-related education and/or certificates
- Snow and Ice Management
To learn more call 913-897-3858 and complete the employment application online at www.epicland.net.